Monday, February 25, 2013

AW13 shoe edit

Aw13 Shoes



I have been making some solid fashion investments lately. By that, I mean that I have been spending far too much money on my wardrobe and have been trying to find every justification under the sun to make myself feel better about my pretty collection of shoes and pretty sad looking bank account. I've never been much of a shoe person, but lately the releases have been just too good to pass up. Wittner were having an amazing discount sale - not sure if it's still going but go check it out - which was a buy one get the second pair 50% off. I'm a sucker for leopard print so the heels were a no brainer, I love the print and the chunky heel combined with the pointed toe is a winner in my books. I was a bit hesitant about the white flats as I'm only 5'5", so sometimes the extra length in pointy flats make me look like I have clown feet but I LOVE them, especially with the crocodile skin finish. 
The second purchase was the wedge sneakers from Windsor Smith. I adore the Isabel Marant ones but despite them being out of my price range, I was struggling to find the  black colour way ANYWHERE. These WS ones are definitely the closest match I could find to the originals and they are super comfortable - can see myself wearing these with everything in winter.
Lastly, my fashion choices of late have been heavily inspired by one half of the amazing They All Hate Us duo Elle Ferguson - i've never seen anyone rock a pair of boots & shorts like she does, and so I 'invested' in a pair of Jeffrey Campbell Everly boots - and I think they are my favourite pair out of the lot. So comfy, look amazing with shorts AND pants, and they definitely add that little bit of oomph to a basic, everyday outfit. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ALL amazing shoes! I have the JC Everly's too - they ARE seriously the BEST and most comfy shoes everrrr! Thanks for the tip on the Marant look-alikes - I def can't afford the real deals so will look into these!! xx