i would like to introduce you to part one of my hawaii collection: my make up haul. sephora and i became bff's and it was mighty rewarding. if you don't know what sephora is (and shame on you if you don't, because it is phenomenal) it's basically a make-up department store. they have every make up brand under the sun, a huge collection of fragrances and some hair styling products too. they also have this great beauty bar, where you can try out some of the make up with beauty and make up professionals guiding you every step of the way - and they give some seriously great advice. a lot of the make-up i got has been products which i have been DYING to try, but hesitant about paying the australian prices which in some cases are inflated to double the price of what they are in the US, which is really unfortunate but true. before you read the list below, you should first know that i am a bit of a youtube junkie when it comes to make up channels that are all about tutorials and reviews of products. my favourite is missglamorazzi, she has some seriously awesome tutorials. therefore, a lot of the products i bought were ones recommended by some of these great youtube channels recommendations and they have not disappointed! anyway, thought i'd give you a summary of what i bought, and my thoughts so far!
1. NARS bronzer in Laguna: this bronzer has been hyped up all over the youtube-sphere, and only after using it do you really understand why. you know that look that models have in photos at runway shows, where their skin has that glossy brilliance? that glow that looks like it comes from within because you're all healthy and happy and have just been on a tropical holiday where the sun has highlighted the perfect bits of your face? this bronzer does this. it's the perfect shade of brown, the coverage is excellent (i just use a regular kabuki brush and it's perfect) and it has this very, very slight sheen to it which gives you that heavenly glow. highly recommended.
2. Sephora waterproof eyeliner in silver: another method highly recommended in magazines and on the youtube channels is to line the bottom water line of your eye with a white eyeliner. it makes you look less tired and really opens your eye, making them look big and bright, so i've been dying to try this out. it actually worked really nicely, and i love that this is more of a silvery white than a stark white as i think it makes it look a little more real.
3. MAC studiofix powder plus foundation: i got this powder because i've been wanting a lightweight powder to 'set' my face and body foundation when need my make up to last me the day. I absolutely love the face and body foundation, but i have found that it will only give me a beautiful finish for a couple of hours (say for a night out). the lady at mac recommended this for me and i definitely love it. you don't need too much, it's very fine and it's making my make up last the distance already.
4. MAC eyeliner in duck: every girl needs a chocolate brown eyeliner, for those days when black is just too harsh, and this is it. soft crayon type liner, easy application & smudges fantastically. tick, tick, tick!
5. MAC eyeshadow in honey lust: this is my new all time fav eyeshadow. it's gold, the perfect shade of pinky-brown gold, with gorgeous flecks of shimmer and perfect for day or night.
6. Too Faced Shadow Insurance: some people may say that this isn't necessary, and for you it might not be, but i am the type of person who unfortunately suffers from my eyeshadow falling into creases and lines in my eyelid. by the end of the day or night, my eyeshadow looks rough and cheap, which is why when missglamorazzi recommended this one i thought i'd give it a shot. and it actually works. it kept my eyeshadow looking fresh, and my eyeliner didn't just disappear into nothingness. give it a try.. see what you think.
7. Benefit They're Real! mascara: THIS IS THE HOLY GRAIL OF MASCARAS. i am blessed with naturally long eyelashes, and therefore i look for a mascara which is going to enhance what i have. and boy does this do it. i had been yet to find a mascara which didn't leave my lashes looking clumpy, thinned out or absolutely ridiculous, and yet this one makes me look like i have the perfect lashes. it separates, volumises, lengthens and coats wonderfully. BUY THIS. PLEASE. YOU NEED TOO!
someone please remind me i need to get my eyebrows done.. BUT HOW GOOD ARE MY EYELASHES?!
8. Benefit High Beam: this is another product which has gotten rave reviews on the youtube-sphere; it's a fantastic highlighter with such a weird applicator (it looks like nail polish) but it's seriously a wonderful product. i dab it in a C shape from the outer corner of my eyebrows and done my cheekbones, and it captures the light wonderfully and makes you look like you have sky high cheekbones. and who doesn't want sky high cheekbones? that's what i thought.
9. Morrocan Oil Light: i have ridiculously long hair. ridiculously long. it's down to my butt. and the reason i can have hair down to my butt and not look like a homeless lady is because morrocan oil keeps it so healthy that my tresses simply thank me by looking glossy and neat and fabulous. the light formula is great for people like me, who have fine hair but LOTS of it, and it also helps to dry your hair quicker if you're like me and hate blow drying.
so there's my summary. it's kinda big.. i apologise and hope i didn't bore you half to death. leave a comment if you have any questions, i promise i'll get back to you! next up.. perfume purchases.