Wednesday, April 4, 2012

blue jean baby







they all hate us

It's that time of the year again... when the weather is changing and I need to start preparing for winter (don't get me wrong, I've been daydreaming of luxurious knits and boots for months) but now I actually need to consider what pieces of clothing I need to invest in. This was quite the daunting process, but then I realised that it was clear what the number one item on my list should be; jeans. The one staple item my wardrobe is lacking; the perfect pair of printed jeans, blue jeans & black jeans. I wanted to add white to that list but it's far too extravagant as it is so for now I will keep it at that. But at 5'5", with reasonably slim legs and ridiculously tiny ankles (thank you to the one quarter Goan in me) it's not really an easy process to find some skinny jeans which fit just right. I've already decided my printed pair will be the current/elliott pair that miranda is wearing in the first photo, in the grey colour way. But when it comes to finding the perfect pair of blue or black jeans? I've hit a dead end. I've found that being the shorty I am, I can sometimes get away with wearing cropped jeans as full length jeans, but I just can't seem to find the right pair.. 
Here's my criteria:
1. they have to be super skinny all the way down to my ankles.
2. no bunching around my ankles. hate that!
3. the blue pair have to be a really deep blue rinse.. love me a dark indigo.
4. a good fit around the waist.. jeans always tend to gape on me.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I would really, seriously appreciate any help or advice!

Ps. If anyone knows what brand the jeans are in the second photo.. I'll love you forever. They're amazing.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

i wish i could help but i have yet to find the perfect pair of denim that i'm looking for as well...such a bummer! funny you mention the need of the jean being skinny all the way to the ankle because i was just having a conversation about that not long ago and how much i hate it if there is any room at all around the ankle. it totally defeats the purpose of the skinny jean!

Friend in Fashion said...

LOVE MIranda's leopard pair!

Luv,
Friend in Fashion
www.friendinfashion.blogspot.com
x